We are proud to announce that the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is the Presenting Sponsor of The 10th Annual New Albany Walking Classic. The Walk will be held on Sunday, September 7, 2014 beginning at 8:00am on Market Sq. in downtown New Albany, Ohio.
Organized by the New Albany Walking Club, the Walking Classic is the largest walking-only race in the United States drawing walkers of Olympic caliber as well as recreational walkers whose goal is to walk for health and enjoyment. The Walking Classic offers two choices of distances – a half marathon and a 10k. Participants in both distances will start together.
The New Albany Walking Classic is a component of Healthy New Albany a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to promote a culture of health for those who live and work as well as attend school in the community.
The total number of entrants for this year's event will be limited to the first 3000 who sign up, whether for the 10k or the half marathon. Early registration is encouraged as this event sells out early every year.
Race Participant Perks
- A high quality race jacket
- Finisher's Medal
- Swag Bag full of great goodies
- Free Admission to the two day Health Expo
- Plentiful course support from start to finish with over 500 volunteers
- Free Admission to the Finish Line Festival and Celebration including 30 food vendors
- Scenic course highlighting the charm of New Albany
- Live, local bands along the course for entertainment
- Age group awards